Endermologie®: FDA Approved for Cellulite Reduction and Body Contouring
Bella MediSpa makes it possible to reduce the appearance of cellulite, produce a marked improvement in skin tone, and a decrease in the circumference of body areas after only a few weeks.
Treatments for cellulite remain largely unsuccessful because they only target the appearance of cellulite. It was finally understood that the dimpling on the surface of the skin was but a symptom of the underlying cause and to banish the bumps would require a deeply acting treatment.
Cellulite is not a fat problem. It is caused by reduced connective-tissue movement and reduced circulation of layers under the skin. Cellulite is the cottage-cheese-like appearance of the skin or irregular bulging or dimpling of the skin. This is why dieting and exercise and even liposuction are not the way to reduce the unsightly appearance of cellulite. The dimpled appearance of the skin is caused by fat globules and lax connective tissue that have been pushed toward the skin surface.
Frequently asked questions:
What does the Endermologie® machine do?
• Temporarily improves the appearance of cellulite & trapped fat and circumferential body measurements of cellulite treated areas
• Temporarily improves local blood circulation
• Relieves delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
• Relieves minor muscle aches and pains
• Relieves muscle spasm
How do I know if I am a candidate for Endermologie®?
• You have cellulite
• You have “love handles”
• You have saddle bags
• You have muscle soreness or spasms or aches & pains after work or play
• You want to tone the skin on your hips, thighs, waist and abdomen
• You want to bring back the smooth skin you once had
• You want to look better in and out of your clothes.
• You want to improve your circulation
• You want to reshape your body after pregnancy.
How does Endermologie® work?
Endermologie® is non-surgical and non-invasive. It involves the use of a motorized device with two adjustable rollers and controlled suction, which creates a symmetrical skin-fold. The skin gently folds and unfolds under the continuous action of the rollers allowing for smooth and regulated deep tissue mobilization.
• Stretching of connective tissue.
• Increase of blood and lymphatic flow.
• Skin exfoliation.
• Stimulation of collagen production.
• Facilitation of fat metabolism.
• Specific maneuvers that work various layers of the skin
• Individualized protocols applied over the whole body
Various programs adapted to different cellulite conditions
How much does it cost?
*Does not include a one-time charge of $40 for Endermowear Suit
**Rates not applicable for mobile. Mobile is completely different machine please call for pricing.
What is the timeline for Endermologie®?
A typical Bella MediSpa client will have 2 treatments a week for 4-6 weeks and then 1 treatment a week for 6-8 weeks and then maintenance is 1 treatment a month. This is a total of 20-26 treatments for an average person for 6 months. When the body hits a plateau, usually a year after treatment, weekly treatments may be needed again. The minimum amount of treatments for optimal results is 14. However, everyone is different and the program is tailored individually.
How long is each session?
Bella MediSpa sessions lasts about 35 minutes
Who performs the massage?
A Bella MediSpa certified technician will customize treatment for you, choosing from a repertoire of therapeutic maneuvers designed for each part of your body.
Why can’t I come more often and have quicker results?
A 35 minute treatment has shown to increase blood flow 400% for 6 hours after treatment, increase lymphatic drainage 300% for 4 hours after and increase collagen production 27-100% (depending on age of client). There is no increased benefit when the procedure is lengthened. The body needs time to drain the toxins from the lymph system—your body is working even days after the actual treatment is done.
Why do you have to do my whole body? Why don’t you just do my “problem” area?
The subcutaneous fat layer is responsible for the appearance of cellulite in women and trapped fat in men. It is mainly regulated by hormones and does not respond to diet and exercise. As well, liposuction cannot be performed at this level to reduce fat. This is the layer of skin that we are targeting with Endermologie. The skin over the entire body must be treated to improve the appearance of the entire surface of the skin. The lymphatic drainage and the elastin & collagen production affect the entire body, not just the “problem areas”.
Does the treatment hurt?
Not at all, in fact it should feel good and relaxing. You will not feel any pinching or pressure. “No pain/no gain” does not apply here at all. It is like a deep massage—gentle and relaxing.
Do I have to wear anything special?
Yes, you will have to wear a special body suit called Endermowear, which is available for purchase at Bella MediSpa.
What can I do to ensure optimal results?
While undergoing treatments drink at least 2-3 liters (8 to 12-8 oz glasses) of water per day. Water helps to flush away toxins and it is very important to drink it for best results.
Will diet and exercise help my cellulite or trapped fat?
No, cellulite occurs in the subcutaneous fat layer, which responds mainly to hormones and minimally to diet and exercise. Diet and exercise alone have little effect on the elasticity of connective tissue fibers under the skin which are responsible for the ripples and dimples caused by cellulite.
Will Endermologie® help me lose weight?
No—but a healthy diet and regular exercise will improve your overall health and well being by helping you lose weight and is strongly encouraged.
How will you track my progress?
We will take photographs before we begin the process, after the 14th treatment and when in maintenance.
What are the main factors responsible for cellulite & trapped fat?
• Gender—women get cellulite or cottage cheese skin on their buttocks & thighs and men have trapped fat called “love handles”
• Poor circulation both in blood and lymphatic drainage systems
• Poor lifestyle—lack of exercise, excess consumption of saturated fat & sugar and poor hydration can be responsible for excess fat storage and water retention
• Enzymatic or hormonal unbalance—too much estrogen can increase fat storage and affect metabolism
• Certain medications
• Health conditions
• Tends to worsen with age, as the body’s degeneration accelerates